We had over sixty people attend our November General Meeting, including many new folks! We’re so glad you made time to come out and participate in our chapter’s work. To recap:
- We heard a presentation on Louisiana labor history and had a grad student worker and AFT organizer talk to us about an NLRB ruling that would take away grad students’ right to unionize
- We heard a report from our new YDSA chapter at University of New Orleans and met our YDSA leaders
- We voted to join the Orleans Parish Prison Reform Coalition as an organization partner
- We voted to join the Eyes on Surveillance coalition
- We voted to form a Welcoming Committee to help our chapter recruit, retain and engage more members
- We voted to endorse the Towards Workers Power slate running for the Democratic Socialists Labor Commission
- We approved our chapter’s budget!
We’re starting a new project to learn more about our membership! We’re conducting a survey to help us learn more about our members so we can make a real strategy to grow.
Click here to fill out our brief Membership Survey.